Reese Witherspoon plays Melanie Carmichael, aka Melanie Smooter, or Felony Melanie. She is just making her name as a fashion designer and her bf Andrew Hennings (played by Patrick Dempsey), the son of the Mayor of New York City (played by Candice Bergen) decides to do an over the top proposal at Tiffanys.
The only problem is that Melanie is still married. (I guess I should have added another name under the AKA, Melanie Perry).
So she finds herself back in the deep south facing of with her hopefully soon to be ex husband, Jake Perry (Josh Lucas). Melanie finds that she sheds her NY self really quickly, turning into the good southern girl at heart. Another great character in the movie is her good friend Bobby Ray (Ethan Embry). I LOVE Ethan Embry. He made this movie even more fantastic.
I spend most of the time watching this movie laughing and singing along with the soundtrack. But one scene drives me to tears, EVERYTIME. When Melanie finds her old dog's grave in the cemetary, and breaks down while apologizing. **Big ugly tears** running down my face.
Once again, I am not one for spoilers, but if you like chick flics, and have been hiding under a rock for the last 10 years and haven't seen this movie, than I would recommend it.
Two thumbs up!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment