Last night I woke up bawling, crying uncontrollably and shaking. Thinking about it brings tears to my eyes over 20 hours later.
In the dream, I was at my parents house, it wasn't quite their house but close enough for it to be their house. I looked up and saw my grandma drive up. She was in her old grey car, which she hadn't had for years even prior to her death.
I ran down the driveway and into her arms. In this dream world she wasn't dead nor did I think she was. I just needed to hug her. We were both crying as we hugged and could not let each other go. She kept patting my hair and saying it has been way too long and she never wanted to go that long without me again. Never ever. She wanted to know all about me and my life.
I woke up mid hug that I never wanted to end.
Crying, sobbing into my pillow.
I don't know what I believe in as a general rule of thumb. But this dream rocked me to the core. I think I Want to/need to believe she was connecting with me from "elsewhere".
I love you Grandma. I miss you too.
No comments:
Post a Comment