Thursday, 1 August 2013

40 Weeks!

40 Weeks pregnant!!

Well my babe isn't sharing a birthday with the newest PRINCE of England! George Alexander Louis came on July 22nd to a beautiful looking Kate and Wills. Congrats to them and their adorable family.

That night was also the full moon, which I figured might speed things up for us. I was already feeling off and my Mom drove up that day. I had contractions and cramping that kept me awake and woke up J from 2-6 am on Tuesday (our due date). Than they disappeared. POOF! I ended up in emerg that afternoon because while the babe fought the contractions actively, since 6 am I felt nothing from him. Emerg did nothing but check for his heart beat, which they found and sent me on my way. They didn't even look to see if I was dilated or anything.
I found out the next day that I am 4-5 cm dilated and the Dr figured the babe would come that night or the next day. WRONG!!!
When I spoke to the Dr the next day (because I wasn't in labour as promised), his first sentence was, " I thought for sure I would see you come in last night! No baby eh?!"
Thanks Doc, that helps, it really does.

No progress over the next few days. Just some cramping and lots and lots of uncomfortableness.
Oh and J and my Mom went overboard and made me do everything they suggest to bring on labour.
Pineapple
Jogging
walking
red raspberry tea
lunges
hands and knees
squats
up and down the stairs a billion times
labour cookies
good underwear
make plans
bumpy truck ride
blow up balloons

and nothing.

On to babe info... This week the babe is the size of a Jackfruit?!!? Whatever that is! Same weight and measurements as last week on average. I however am down half a pound.

His nails and hair are growing and he is practicing breathing. His movements have def slowed down significantly and he is much lower than he was a couple of weeks ago.

I am exhausted, anxious and really just want to hold my baby.


No comments:

Post a Comment