My sister who also enjoys Outlander joined me for the event. It was my first sans baby outing in near on 11months. It was the best night ever.
We got to the Toronto Reference Library at about 6pm. We grabbed seats near the middle, the front was packed, and got some sandwiches and cookies to eat.
The room was alive with the excitement of what was to come. Diana Gabaldon was in the building with us! I felt like a school girl excited over a crush!
At 7pm the talk began. Diana was introduced and went on to speak for about half an hour. She spoke about what brought her to write Outlander, her life, and how she got it published. She was fascinating. Her voice was soft and her laugh was infectious! I am pretty sure I have my first lady crush. I want to be Diana when I grow up. She was so inspiring!
After the talk she had a Q &A, so I went up and asked if she had a favourite scene or story line (lame I know). She dodged the question saying she didn't run in storylines but in bubbles and that they form and grow bigger and intermingle but are not a line, more fluid.

That is me at the mic asking DG my (lame) question

DG speaking to me!!!!!!
Once she was done chaos ensued by saying the signing would begin at the back. There was no formal lineup so people were everywhere! We elbowed our way in and didn't have too long to wait. While we were waiting we each got a Pocket Jamie. He know resides on my bookshelf! Plus some Outlander TV show book marks.
As a thanks to my Mom for babysitting Alex, I bought her the 20th anniversary Edition of Outlander and had it signed as well as my copy of Written in My Own Heart's Blood. I told her that I love the series and I don't know what I will do with myself when it finally ends, since it has been a part of my life for so long. She said, "Well you will re-read it of course!"

My book being signed! I am such a nerd!
No comments:
Post a Comment