Tuesday, 17 February 2015

A year of the re-read

While I may not have been posting, I was still reading. My overall reading time has taken a hit since going back to work,but I am still getting some in. 

Reading is an essential part of my life. Much like water and chocolate. I need it in my day.
When we moved last year one of the first projects Jeff took on was my library. We moved in on October 26th and we spent New Year's Eve of that year organizing books on my shelves. 
But J kept asking, what are you going to do with all these books?!?

So last summer I came up with a plan. A year of revisiting old friends. Start at the beginning of some of my favourite stories. 
Plus it should be easy on the ol'wallet.

So January 1st I started my re-read. I picked a Nora Roberts since, well, Nora Roberts.

But I am also doing a full Babysitters Club re-read. 

I am allowing myself to read new books. Roughly one for every 15 re-reads.

So far, so good.

Some of the books I am looking forward to this year include:
Outlander 
The Harry Potter Series
Into the Wilderness Series
All of the Nora Roberts books I know and love
Even the Twilight Series.

No comments:

Post a Comment