
OMG!
Set in 1941 in Leningrad, USSR, this is a love story set within the background of WWII. Tatiana is a young girl, unexperienced in the world around her. Alexander is in his early 20's and has had to fight to in order to live since his family moved from the comforts of America to the USSR.
I laughed, I cried, I was so angry I wanted to throw the book across the room (I didn't though because I love my KOBO and I would never do anything to intentionally harm it). It was an emotional rollercoaster.
Paullina Simons has a way of writing that takes your breath away.
Some of my fav quotes from TBH are:
“Alexander knew that before he had light instead of darkness, he had to deserve light instead of darkness.”
“Please don't die," she whispered. "I don't think I can bury
you. I already buried everyone else."
"How can I die," Alexander said, his voice breaking, "when you
have poured your immortal blood into me?”
"Emotion was pressing hard on her chest, making it difficult for her to breathe. I don't need to breathe now, she thought, I've breathed all my life."
I have since recommended it to everyone I know. So my suggestion is to read it...NOW!
No comments:
Post a Comment