Friday, 15 June 2012

The List-- #10

Describe your most embarrassing moment.
This one is easy. I am horribly afraid of mice. I mean it is a full blown phobia. I know its irrational and silly, but it is what it is. It is something I have worked on over the years. However I have only made slow progressions.
My most embarrassing moment has to do with a mouse.
When I was in HS, I had a math class on the ground floor of the school. I had one of my good friends and a couple of other friends in this class. We are sitting there one morning doing our work when all of the sudden the bottom drops out.
A mouse ran across the front of the room. I was in the back of the room. The door, the only means of escape was also at the front of the room. So I did the only thing my brain would allow. I screamed like I was being stabbed and jumped up on the desk. I had a full blown panic attack screaming on the top of my desk, dressed in a kilt in the middle of my second period math class.
Once the scooted the offending mouse out of the class, my friend took me to the office, where my Grandpa rescued me and took me home. It took a couple of days before I could make myself attend that classroom again.
I was utterly embarrassed. Mostly because most people don't understand phobias, and thought I was just being dramatic or whatever. Obviously those people didn't know me very well.

No comments:

Post a Comment