But this week I am 25 weeks pregnant!! I can't believe how fast this is going! It feels like just yesterday we found out we were having a boy!
This week the babe is the size of a cauliflower!! He is measuring about 14 inches and weighs over a pound and a half!!
He knows which way is up and down and is getting fat and hairy just like his dad. LOL. JK about the dad part! He is now able to open and close his eyes, even though he isn't seeing much. He is still kicking up a storm and J finally felt him kick this week!
He was laying on the couch with his head on my lap. The side of his head up against my bump. When all of the sudden I felt a kick and asked if he felt it. He accused me of burping. I laughed and said, no your son doesn't like your big head near his bump! That night while he was sleeping he reached out with both hands and held my belly for the longest time. Baby boy was sleeping but I was not and the tenderness of that moment made me so happy. The next night he was holding my belly and felt a kick again.
The heartburn still sucks but that is to be expected.
I wake multiple times per night whether because of the above mentioned heartburn, thirst or having to pee. However I don't feel too tired during the day which I appreciate.
I have had some minor leg cramps, but nothing like the other one. Hopefully they stay that way.
Other than that I feel pretty good. I love being pregnant. This connection between me and the babe is amazing.
I have noticed I am way hungrier in the morning until noonish than I am in the evening or night. I don't know if it is because the babe sleeps mostly at night or is at least less active and is hungry upon waking himself. Or if its just random.
I am up a total of 4 lbs since my last dr's appt. I am taking it in stride. I don't like looking at the scale but it isn't like I am eating everything and anything. I am tracking my food and exercise on my Fitnesss Pal again. Most days I am over in my sugar intake. Woops! However a lot of it is coming from my morning smoothie (ie fruit) which isn't always a bad thing right?!!?
I have been using the exercise ball to do some stretches and exercises and doing some yoga as well. Hopefully the weather will turn nice soon so longer walks can come back into the routine as well.

No comments:
Post a Comment