Sunday, 7 April 2013

Lack of posting lately

Sorry. I haven't been posting much lately. I am on a short crafting hiatus. My wrist pain came back with avengence last week and I am trying to let it heal a bit before picking up anything crafty again.
 This past week also sucked the life out of me. Here in the province I live in, Easter weekend ended up being pretty deadly. We lost one gentleman here on the island when he drove his Two up ATV straight into open water where he thought there was ice (6am is a bad time to see). Two gentlemen got out, but one didn't. It doesn't affect me personally, but it always makes me sad. Especially considering all the time J spends out on the ice for work. That is my worst nightmare.
There was also a deadly house fire farther south. Four members of a five member family died huddle together in a room while their house burned. The other son was away at school. The two sons who passed were only teenagers. 16 and 19. I cried and cried watching it on the news. Even the family dog passed. The small community was devastated. I blamed hormones and fear for my being so affected by this.

I found out a few days later that the 16 year old was a good friend of my cousins. They go to school together. Between this boys death and a friend of his back in the hospital after beating bone cancer and losing a leg last year (hello The Fault in Our Stars). Plus a couple of other classmates suffering tragedies in the last year. My once religious cousin is having a crisis of faith. My heart breaks for him. I may not be religious now, but I was at that age. I just can not imagine what he is going through seeing all this around him and making him question his faith. I wish and hope daily for him now to find his way back to it, if thats what he needs. There are so many times I wish I hadn't lost my faith, and I was older than him when I did.

Than the next day a teenage boy died when the vehicle he was in drove off a bridge into a river in the city. The news had a live eye broadcasting when the retrieved the only body that didn't make it out on their own. It was only later that it was revealed to be a teenager. Sad, sad, sad.

On Tuesday I was off and doing some stuff around the house. J was at work, when his boss called looking for him. I said he was out and about, try his cell. With all the hubbub about Transformation I thought it might have something to do with that. So I decided to give J a call a few minutes later to let him know the boss man was looking for him.
Me: " Hey, Boss man just called looking for you."
J: " Ya I just got off the phone with him. So you heard the news?!"
Me- thinking this has to do with transformation
"No what news?"
J: "So-and-so passed away this morning."
Me: " Not So-and-so  So-and-so?!?!!? But he is only in his late 30's!?!? What about his wife and kids?!!?!"
::Balling my eyes out::
J: Ya, they are going to do an autopsy. He wasn't feeling good all weekend and than he died."

This guy has stayed at our house countless times to work with J. They worked for the same district, at different offices. He was a genuine nice guy, a good guy. A real and true family man. J and he liked to razz each other and tease each other. J truly liked this guy and I believe he used him as an example of the kind of father he wants to be. He was always going on about how much time this guy spent with his kids.

So needless to say J is pretty upset. The funeral is tomorrow. I am pretty sure it will possibly be the saddest event I have ever attended. J was asked to stand  honour guard over the open casket throughout the ceremony. He had to decline. He knows that he won't be able to do it. I don't blame him for that. I can't imagine how hard that would be. So he has been doing everything else under the sun to help get everything organized and arranged.

So that's why I haven't posted. I just don't have the heart.

1 comment:

  1. So sorry to hear all this K! I hope things look up for you!

    ReplyDelete