Can you tell I am excited to have hit full term?!?!?
This week the babe is supposed to be the size of a cucumber or watermelon. (Okay?!?!), measuring in at 20 inches and about 8 lbs.
He's practicing some skills: inhaling, exhaling, sucking, gripping and blinking. He is also getting ready for his first poop. Sounds exciting I know.
I am feeling very very pregnant. 37 weeks started off with the baby dropping some. He def moved down over night from Monday to Tuesday. I had a bit of Braxton hicks the day prior to and should have seen it coming I guess. Still suffering from Heartburn though. Boo. It feels like I have to go to the washroom every other minute as well which is no fun at all.
Baby boy is still insisting on owning the left side of my body. He threw a temper tantrum the other night when I didn't move to my right side while sleeping soon enough. I hope this isn't indicative of things to come!
I had a minor scare tonight with a lot of dampness down there. Enough that I changed my clothes. However after lying down for 30 mins, nothing else came out. So I am thinking my water is still intact.
I have also had some other leakage....milk. Yikes! Who knew that could happen like that!
I was offered at my OB apt this week the option of stripping my membranes starting at 38 weeks. They don't really want me to go past my EDD. I don't think I will take them up on it for 38 weeks, but we shall see how I feel at 39 weeks.
The OB also told me I was next up to bat! Apparently I have the next EDD that is planning on delivering on the island.
I know we are ready to have this baby, but I am a little scared to actually have him out of me. Yes labour is scary, but its more the whole not being pregnant thing that bothers me. Who knows if we will have another baby. It is still undecided. I have loved every minute of this pregnancy and it has been when I have felt more myself than any other time. I know I am going to love being a mother. It just seems surreal that this baby could be here any day/week.

No comments:
Post a Comment