Tuesday, 16 July 2013

RIP Cory Monteith

I have not been shy about my obsession with the TV show Glee. It is my guilty pleasure and has been since that fateful summer night when it aired the premier episode. Since day one my favourite character was Finn.

I didn't know that he was an awkward Canadian at first, but that just made me love him more. Plus his voice is amazing. Of course it was his character that I first enjoyed, but after learning more about him and his past, I enjoyed the person as well.

So I have to say that when I heard the news on Sunday morning of his untimely passing I was more than a little upset. Pregnancy hormones or not, I cried. I hate seeing tragic deaths, and even more so when they are my age. When they have so much to live for and are so loved by the people around them. It hurts so much.

Cory wasn't shy about his drug abuse in the past or about going into treatment again this spring. He was open about it and that made me like him even more. He inspired people to try. Try to be a better person, try to follow their dreams, try to beat their personal demons.

I am one of those people who loves when co-stars date in real life. When I heard that Finchel was on in real life as well as the show, I was delighted.  Lea Micheles chemistry with Cory's was obvious. Their voices singing together made me shiver with joy. That scene at the end of season one just before they walk out to perform at regionals together made me shriek with joy and act like a crazy school girl.

























I don't know what will happen with the show. The thing I have always liked about Glee was that they aren't afraid to talk about hard topics. Even if they do it in a way that is different or unexpected, they still cover it. They usually do it with some kind of happy ending (which frustrates my husband to no end), but it is covered. I can't even imagine how hard it will be for the cast to come back to taping this summer.

I want to mention some of my favourite scenes of Corys and some of my favourite songs.
My top scene has to be one of the last ones he appeared in. The face off with Brody.




There is also the proposal scene where he and Rachel get engaged..... and the scene where he sends her off to NYC without him. They both kill me.

Plus the above mentioned Finchel scene at regionals season 1.
Oh and the kiss at Nationals.

There is really just too many to list.


Song wise- that is tough. I mean, I am not going to lie. I have hundreds of Glee songs on my Ipod. I also have almost all the Glee CDs that were released. Plus we all know I am a teenage girl when it comes to playing Glee Karaoke Revolution 1-3 on the Wii. So in random order we have.

Just the Way You Are- Sung to Kurt at their parents wedding.
Don't Stop Believin- Every time they sing this song it kills me.
Jessie's Girl
Can't Fight this Feeling
It's My Life/Confessions
Losing My Religion- This song gets me every single time.
Loser- When Puck and Finn sing this while working at the Bed and Bath store I was laughing and agreeing so much that I couldn't sing along like I normally do.
I'll Stand By You
We are the Champions- Seeing as this song means so much to me, I had planned on using it after labour in the next week or so to welcome my little boy into the world. I was debating which version to use, but think I will now be using the Glee version.
Total Eclipse of the Heart



Since I seem to just be rambling without getting to a point, I will wrap it up. Cory will be missed. He had so much potential and really did have an impact on so many, that he may not have realised. My greatest sympathies and prayers go out to his family and friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment