Wednesday, 19 October 2011

Movie- 50/50

For the first time in months I got the chance to go to the movies this weekend. I was so excited, until I looked at what was out there to see. I shouldn't say that exactly, I really wanted to go see Footlose. It is one of my top 5 fav movies of all time, and I wanted to see the remake. However my movie going partners were not so keen. So we finally decided on 50/50 staring Seth Rogen, Joseph Gorden Levitt, Anna Kendrick and Anjelica Huston.
50/50 Poster
I wasn't really sure what to expect with this movie. I mean, its about a young guy that gets cancer. Its a pretty touchy subject, and since I was with my cry baby mother, I figured we were in for a cry fest.
I was hoping for some comedic relief from Seth Rogen to help the movie along. I wasn't disappointed! I laughed so hard at one point, I thought I was going to cry. Then at other points I was crying. Plus I recognized one of the girls in the movie was from the old tv show Ready or Not (Laura Bertram), which I thought was very cool (I know I am a geek!)
I didn't realise this movie was based on a true story until I got home, which is probably what made it sooo good. The relationship between the two main characters, Adam (has cancer) and Kyle (his friend) was just so touching. I think that if I were ever to go through something like Adam went through, I would have to have a friend like Kyle around.
I think my fav part of the movie was the scene when Adam first went to see Katherine (Anna Kendrick), to help him deal with his feelings with the cancer. I could completely relate to Adam in that scene, and since I don't want to do any spoilers, I will just leave it like that.
If you haven't seen it, I would definitely give this movie 2 thumbs up!

No comments:

Post a Comment