Sunday, 2 October 2011

Waist Not-Want Not- adventures in weight loss

exercise!
So for whatever reason, the last few years I have been gaining weight, ALOT. I haven't been exercising as much as I used to (I really miss treadmills and the gym in general). So I am making (another) concerted effort to lose this monstrosity that has overtaken my body.
In June I purchased a used elliptical. I am not a huge fan of them in general, but it was a good deal that I couldn't turn down. So far I have been using it sparsely, maybe 2-3 times a week. This is something I need to work on. I need to start using it daily or at least 5 times a week.
I also have 5lb and 10lb kettle bells which I really enjoy using. Again its going to have to happen more often. I need to be more diligent, or this weight will never go away.

Two weeks ago I went to my first Zumba class. I loved it! It was so much fun! The following week was cancelled and last week I was away at a wedding. But I am looking forward to Tuesday. I am also hoping to meet new people at this class. Since I don't know a whole lot of people on this island, it would be great to make new friends.
So hopefully I will keep this up this time. Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment