There are so many times that I just wish I could talk to her one last time. Just for a few minutes.
This is so hard to write.
My happiest memories of my grandmother are so plentiful that I could def not pick out just one moment to capture what she meant to me.
She was Chocolate cake, always made and ready to eat onthe sideboard in the dinning room. No matter what day, time, etc you could show up and eat cake.
She was tea made in a teapot (we didn't use one at home), sweetened with as much sugar as you wanted.
She was spaghetti sauce made to perfection and served over perfectly cooked pasta.
She was a sweater knit with love.
She was books, bags and bags of books. I can single handidly blame her with my obsession with reading. She fed my addiction for books one bag of hospital book sale books at a time.
She was giant Red Santa clause bags full of presents at christmas, one for each of us.
She was stuffed animals, you are never too old for a nice stuffed animal. She cherished hers.
She was shopping for new school clothes, shoes and supplys. She insisted you should have a green pen to mark correct stuff and a red pen for just the errors. I can blame my fascination with school supplies on her.
She was Mrs, Mcgilacudy, callingto see if you had been a good girl or a wicked one.
She was generosity in ever shape and size.
She was my idol and if I could be half of the woman that she was than I would be one amazing person.


My goodness they loved their animals. Seriously loved them. I mean she would feed the wildlife in her backyard every day. She would have line ups of skunks,coons, foxes, birds and squirrels all waiting for her to bring out the left overs. She instilled in me my love of nature and wildlife. She made me appreciate the beauty of nature that surrounds us.

God I love this pic of her, it was taken just a few weeks before she passed away. I had taken her out to the dr's office for an appointment and we had dropped grandpa off at the coffee shop on our way out and stopped by to pick him up on our way back. I was having a milk shake with grandpa and Grandma was having coffee or tea I think. They were asking about my cell phone and I took this pic of her. She was always willing to put on a show. What other 79 year old woman that you know would stick out her tongue and make a funny face like that!?!? I know that she is where I get my good sense of humour, my happy-go-luckness from.

I love this pic of them. They both look so happy. She was a beauty.
No comments:
Post a Comment