I came home from work on Saturday and he told me that he had killed the butterfly that lived on the wall in the back room. He was putting on a jacket to go out fishing with our friends and he knocked it down. It was all good though, so he hung it back up, backed away from the wall and it crashed down to the floor in "a blaze of glory" according to one bystander.
The bottom wing was broken. Poor butterfly. This is not the first time he had broken it. Last year he had knocked it down and just a bit of the top plastery stuff came off. I painted over it and it looked okay so we hung it back up.
There is no quick fix for him now.
Than last night I was doing the dishes and called my husband to come in the kitchen for something. Than I heard crash and breaking glass, and "ohshit!".
I knew immediately it had to be my pineapple. I went into the room and there it was mostly in one piece, but with some of the pieces broken off. The candle inside of it (sugary vanilla cookie) had all of its glass broken, but the candle itself was okay, so it has been relegated to the outside burning candle shelf.
J is going to ~TRY~ and glue it today, but it does have a major crack down it, and I think it will be garbage.
The funny thing is how guilty he feels. He immediately went online to see if Bath and Body works still sold it, and they don't. So now if he can't fix it, he has offered to buy me whatever I want to replace it. I told him it was okay, and that it was just a "thing", even if it was a thing that I really liked.
Well I guess pineapples aren't that good of luck.
No comments:
Post a Comment