This is one of those books that I have been meaning to read for a while. I just never got around to it. Until now. It fit the Printz winner category for WBC, so I jumped at the chance to finally read it. Than I lucked out at the library and they had it. As soon as I started it I loved it. I immediately got sucked into the Culver Creek world. It was one of those books, where you wished your high school had been like that. Miles aka Pudge was a likable guy. He just wanted to have a great adventure. He was tired of living life like he was. I liked Alaska, I really did, but she was just so troubled. I felt bad for more than I really liked her for who she was. I think Chip was maybe my fav character though. He was enjoyable and the tougher things got, the more places and stats he memorized.
So if you are looking for enjoyable YA, and this one is. If you want a male point of view, which this has. Than I would rec this book. I look forward to reading more by John Green soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment