
The Ape House by Sara Gruen. This book I reviewed on here so scroll back to see my full review. It is awesome, the story line was fantastic, the Bonobos were brilliant! I loved it. Kiss Kiss!

Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen (I know again). Another book I really enjoyed. Maybe it was all the animals, maybe it was the time period. I read this book in a day, I really couldn't put it down.

The Help by Kathryn Stockett. I wasn't sure if I was going to like this book, but my mom lent me her's and after staring at the pretty cover on my book shelf for awhile I picked it up. So happy I did. What a beautiful story.

The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater. Let me begin by saying I read the Wolve's of Mercy Falls series this year as well, and while I enjoyed those books, they were only just good by the time I read all three. When I picked up this book I immediately fell in love. I have a full review down below somewhere so go find it for more info.

Neverwhere by Neil Gaiman. This was the second book I read by Neil Gaiman, and to tell the truth I listened to the Audiobook, as read by Neil Gaiman. I was immediately pulled into this world and loved every minute of it. I look forward to reading a couple of his books for WBC in the upcoming weeks.

Just Listen by Sarah Dessen. This year I discovered Sarah Dessen. I know I am a little late to the party but wow. I ended up reading 7 of her books. I think this one was my fav. Maybe because it was about 3 sisters, which is something I can relate to. I just absolutely loved this book.

The Art of Racing in the Rain by Garth Stein. I put off reading this one for a long time, as an animal lover, especially dogs, I find it hard to read books about their lives without getting super duper ugly emotional over it. So I have to find the right time to read them (aka when no one will be around to see me). I did this with this book, and wow. Enzo will forever be one of my fav pets that I never owned.

The Paris Wife by Paula McLain. Wow. A great look at Ernest Hemingways's first wife during her life with him. I think one of the things I adored about this book was all the shout outs and eventual visit to my hometown of Toronto. Also the shoutout to the nearest town to where I live now (Sudbury) also melted my heart. Besides that it was a great look at life in the 20's in Europe. Fantastic.

The Peach Keeper by Sarah Addison Allen. A great, slightly magical story about finding out who you are and finding love and fixing and living with the past. It left me breathless and feeling magical and happy.

Experience by Meg Kerr. A great sequel to Pride and Prejudice. I won this in a good reads giveaway. I loved it from the start.
Honourable Mention:

This Lullaby by Sarah Dessen. Okay I loved this book, but the real reason its on the list is because my new dog which we will be getting in 2 months is named after the main character, Remy. Well not really mh named her Remington, and I have decided to shorten it to Remy, with this character in mind. Also Hate Spinnerbait.
No comments:
Post a Comment