Saturday, 1 September 2012

17 days to go

Well we are in the final month of my twenties. Only 17 days and I will be thirty. I have been keeping a list of things I wanted to accomplish by the time I was 30. Here it is again:



Lose 5 lbs.
Finish all currently published Nora Roberts books!
Get a Dog!
Lose 5 lbs.
Get Married
TTC and Get Pregnant and a loss, this sucks hard.
Buy a House
Learn to Knit and/ or crochet (I used a kniftty knitter and made a hat!!)
Find a job and Love it
Spend more time with Family (by family I mean my kinfolk) o i got to see my mom in April, May, June and July!!!!!! Yay!!! Next time will be after my birthday in September
Make cards for everything instead of buying them
Have someone follow my blog.... come on people, I know you are randomly reading this, someone must like me!?!?!  You guys rock!!!
Lose 5 lbs. (okay here is the thing, I think I need to look at my weight loss battle at 5 lbs at a time, if I can do that maybe it will be easier than looking at the whole big number and getting scared and eating to make me feel happy again. Or maybe not, we shall see.)
Here's a new one, get my freaking wrist fixed. The pain is back and I am no closer to having it fixed. If this keeps up. I will not be able to do any of my fav activities (kayaking, playing with my bow, baking), so I need to get this fixed now!!



So there seems to be a lot left on this list that hasn't been accomplished. A lot of that is out of my hands. However let's look at where I stand with each thing. The first five lbs was crossed off ya baby!!
Finish all NR books currently published--- Okay so when I was younger I refused to read Danielle Steele, I decided to wait until I was thirty to do so. I decided to read everything by one of my fav authors Nora Roberts instead. I know I know its silly. But so am I.  My progress so far--- Right on track baby. There is a little bit of a push, but I should have all done by the 17th. I have less than 30 stories left to read, and a lot of them are her shorter stuff. So fingers crossed and get reading!!

Get a dog!  Said dog is currently sleeping on the porch!!!
Get Married--- Well that one has been done for a while. Love ya J!

TTC and Get Pregnant -- I have blogged about this a bit. I think that's all I have to say about the loss we had. We are waiting now to see what is going on with J's job. There is a chance we might have to move. A chance he is going to lose his job, and a chance that we will see no change at all. So as much as we would love to try again. We need to see what is going to happen.
Buy a House --See above about J's job.
Learn to Knit and/ or crochet --Because of my wrist issues, I kind of have to put this one on hold. I have made an effort to teach myself, but I think it's best to let my wrist rest for now. I did make a hat on a Kniftty Knitter. I have a scarf on the go now. I hope to buy a smaller one to make some different stuff down the road. It will have to do for now.
Find a job and Love it -- I have been in my current position for almost two years. I love it. I don't mind the evenings and weekends that go with it. I have met some amazing people. I am so happy that I went back to school and got the Nursing Unit Clerk Certificate. It has certainly opened doors for me.
Spend more time with Family (by family I mean my kinfolk) -- I have been so lucky this year. I have seen my mom, sometimes my dad, and sisters pretty much every month since April right through until at least Sept/Oct. It hasn't always been under the best circumstances, but I am so grateful for them.
Make cards for everything instead of buying them-- I have made a lot of my cards this year. Maybe not all of them, but I have enjoyed making the ones I did. It means so much more to me.
Have someone follow my blog.... come on people, I know you are randomly reading this, someone must like me!?!?!-- There are three of you now!! Plus other people are reading it, if not following it. Thanks ladies you rock!!!
Lose 5 lbs. (okay here is the thing, I think I need to look at my weight loss battle at 5 lbs at a time, if I can do that maybe it will be easier than looking at the whole big number and getting scared and eating to make me feel happy again. Or maybe not, we shall see.) -- This has been so hard this year. I hate my body. HATE IT. I used to like having pictures taken, now I avoid it. I think this is going to roll over to my next decade goals. Getting into the best shape of my life and enjoying my body.
Here's a new one, get my freaking wrist fixed.-- Since Dec 21st 2011, I have been in almost constant pain in my right wrist. After numerous dr's appt's, xrays, bloodwork, etc. I am still waiting to get an MRI. They think it may be Kienboch's Disease, but they need the MRI to prove it. Because of this pain I have had to give up a lot of the things that I enjoy, kayaking, fishing, baking/decorating. Hopefully this fall we get answers and solutions. Here's to hoping.

So here's to 30, or how I like to think about it, the first anniversary of my 29th Birthday!!



No comments:

Post a Comment