Friday, 21 September 2012

Fab Five

Today's Fab Five is movies and tv shows I have watched lately. They are not overly new stuff. Just stuff that I forgot was awesome.

Freaks and Geeks- TV Show  1999-2000

This show was cut out in its prime. Barely given a seasons chance. I know my sisters, friends and I all watched and loved it from the series premiere and were pretty sad when it ended.  I discovered it again a couple of weeks ago thanks to Much Music showing reruns. This show was just so great. It took place in the 80's in Suburbia. Two siblings, Lindsay belonging to the  "freaks" (they like rock, not disco) and Sam belonging to the "Geeks" and all their friends. The people who went on from this show to other shows is amazing. All of the Freaks have become pretty big names. Seth Rogan, James Franco,  Jason Segal, Busy Philips, John Francis Daley, Linda Cardellini and my utmost favourite Joe Flaherty.
There was just so much to love about this show. If you have never seen it, go watch it. Like right now. GO!

50/50- Movie 2011

Okay so I did review this movie last year after I saw it, but I promptly forgot about it in the last year. I caught it on tv since than and was hit by the awesomeness all over again.  If you haven't seen it. Do it, you will not regret watching this movie.


Can't Hardly Wait- Movie 1998
Can't Hardly Wait Poster

What wasn't to love about this movie. I mean seriously. It had pretty much every big name of the time in it. It was an end of highschool party to end all parties. Plus it was really really funny.  This was on tv a couple of weeks ago and I watched it from the beginning to the end. I have probably seen this movie 30 times, yet every time I watch it, I notice a different celebrity in it, that has probably more recently risen to fame.
The big surprise for me this time was Jason Segal. Yes he was Watermelon boy. By the looks of IMDB, it was his first movie.
Go watch it, whether it is the first time, or the 100th time, just do it. SHEEEEEEEEEEEP!!!

Young Hercules- TV 1998 (a good year apparently)

Who doesn't love a young Ryan Gosling. Pretty much any fan of him from Breaker High watched Young Hercules religiously, as Ryan went from Geek to Demi God, right before our eyes!
I caught the first few episodes again the other day on Netflix. Wow, you know  it really wasn't all that bad!! I still enjoyed watching it almost 15 years later.

Buffy the Vampire Slayer- TV 1997-2003


There is no doubt this is one of the best shows of its time. It was popular before sparkly vampires (not that there is anything wrong with sparkly vampires, I am just saying). This show got me into Paranormal stories. Something I may be a little obsessed with these days. Sarah Michelle Gellar was adored by all. She was a kick butt heroine. Like seriously. Plus her gang of friends is awesome. I always wanted friends like Willow and Xander. They were just so awesome. I remember taping every episode of this show, and as soon as it was over getting on the phone with my BFF and talking forever about it. Oh the good ol' days. ::Sigh::


So that's my five. I just noticed that all these shows/movies are connected with the exception of Young Hercules. Seth Rogan and Jay Segal are in Freaks and Geeks. Seth Rogan is also in 50/50 and Jay Segal is in Can't Hardly Wait with Seth Green, who happens to star in Buffy. Pretty neat right!?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment