I found out last night that a very very good friend of ours is in trouble. He is J's Best Friend and pretty much one of mine too. We have been friends with him since we started dating in college. We were like Marshall, Lily and Ted if you can't picture it.
His wife left me two messages and 3 missed calls from her in 12 hrs. Asking us to call her at her In-laws and than on her cell.
We were just coming back from the weekend at my parents. I called her cell, her home and her inlaws and left a message on her cell. We figured something had happened to his parents. We hoped not, but that's what we were thinking. She called back a while later.
S, her hubby, was in a head on collision on Fri. He was in a hospital 2 hrs from their house in ICU. He wasn't stable yet. He has a broken femur and some other bones. They are having trouble getting him breathing on his own.
She is staying at a hotel near the hospital.
I am just heartbroken over the whole thing. I just can't even imagine what they are going through.
They have a beautiful little girl who will turn 6 months on Friday.
So once again I found myself in a situation of having to tell J something that will upset him.
She didn't want to talk long, which I don't blame her and I was in such shock that I didn't ask all the questions I should have.
So we googled the accident to learn more about what happened. J is really stuck on the still not stabilized thing, as last night was Tues and it happened on Friday. He needed to know more. He is a realist and needed all the information he could get in order to process the whole thing.
It happened in the morning, on the way to work, just outside of town. He was hit by a northbound Mazda. The driver was treated and released at the local hospital.
S was airlifted to the bigger hospital. He was driving his wife's car. The road was closed for over 7 hrs.
Last night I prayed for the first time in years. Actively prayed. Begged that S would be okay and have a full recovery. I have never wanted something so bad before.
J was supposed to call her today and see if there was any news and see if there was anything we could do. I haven't heard from him yet, so no news is good news right?
No comments:
Post a Comment