Saturday, 19 January 2013

13 weeks out

So I have been a bad poster lately. Things have been a little Topsy turvey if you know what I mean.

This week I was 13 weeks pregnant. Wow it feels good to say that. I took a bump pic on Wednesday, but haven't loaded it yet. I will add it once I have. Not that there is any bump to speak of. I just look like the same old blubbery K with bigger boobs.

This week the babe is the size of a Peach, around 2.9 in long. It is forming teeth and vocal chords. It's head is only about 1/3 the size of its body (much better than half that it was a few weeks ago!)
From the Bump.com

We had an OB appt on Wed. 2 hrs away. It was mostly a waste of time. This was the same Dr that I saw back in Aug about my cramps and he told me I had no Endo, just a tilted Ute and should go on the depo shot.
So anyways he basically just got us confused on minor details and listened to the heartbeat. Which he found right away and it was a glorious 167 bpm!!!

We decided to get a new crib this week. Prior to I had been trying to explain to J why his 30 year old crib from his babyhood was considered unsafe. Now he is on board. I don't think we will buy anything until May and just go full swoop through Babys R Us and Sears on one magic trip to the city after the shower. 

My biggest symptoms or complaints of the week:
Headache- It just won't go away. I have tried a little bit of tylenol. I have tried a little caffeine, naps, relaxing, eating (thinking I might not have eaten enough that day). None have worked so far. I will just have to persevere.

Nose Bleeds- I have never been a nose bleed kind of person and since about 11 or 12 weeks these have plagued me to no end. I thouroughly blow my nose every morning to clean it all out and usually end up sitting with a kleenex stuck up my nose for a few minutes. One day I wore a new white long sleeve top to work and got a nose bleed, but only realised when I noticed blood on my shirt. DOH! Yesterday we were out for our daily walk with Remy when J looked at me and said " you know your nose is bleeding right?!". Nope thanks for sharing!

Weak- One morning I woke up feeling pretty weak and dizzy. I actually had slept in that morning way past my normal time and that may have contributed to the problem. Hopefully I don't experience that again!

Round Ligament Pain- I have been experiencing all kinds of weird stretching and abd pain the last few weeks but I think last night was my first true and real RLP. J made me laugh shortly after getting into bed. The quick burst of pain that shot out of my R side was unexpected and kind of scary...for both of us. It went away quickly, but boy have I learned my lesson of laughing in bed.


No comments:

Post a Comment