Saturday, 5 January 2013

Family Pieces

Family Pieces by Misa Rush

Family Pieces

Paperback, 262 pages
Published November 27th 2010 by Think Write Publications LLC (first published November 19th 2010)
ISBN   0615391583 (ISBN13: 9780615391588)
 

Genre:Chick lit/YA
New or Re-read: NEW
Series: Nope. However I would love it to be!
Where I heard about it: I first saw it on a GR giveaway that I did not win.
Why I read it: It came across on pixelofink as free or $1 and I remembered seeing it so bought it and fit it into WBC 13
Setting/Time Frame: Arizona, Chicago, NYC,  Present
Spoilers: Probably, but nothing major.

This was a book I first saw on a GR giveaway that I didn't win. I loved the concept of everyone in the family having a puzzle piece that fit together and didn't really care what the rest of the story was about. Eventually I picked up for my Kindle. I don't think I paid more than $1 for it.

I was so pleasantly surprised by just how much this book hooked me and how much I enjoyed it. I wasn't expecting the storyline AT ALL. In some books it might feel like way too much is happening to the main characters, but for some reason, this book still flowed and didn't feel like too much at all.


Karsen was just your typical college student. She did not expect her life to be turned upside down like it did, what college student would expect the death of her mother?!!? Her trials and tribulations throughout the book really made sense to me, even when she was not being herself, I can see where her character was coming from. 

I loved her relationship with both Hanna (her best friend) and Brad (her brother). They were both likeable characters on their own and I would love to see more about them in another book. ::HINT HINT::

I don't want to give the story away so I will leave it at that.

If you have the chance to read this book, I highly rec it

No comments:

Post a Comment