Today is the fifth anniversary of my dear Grandmothers unexpected death. I remember where I was when I got a call from my mom. I had the day off of work. J was up north still so I wasn't travelling to see him that week. I had spent the morning at the Zoo playing with my new digital slr camera. I was in Walmart developing photos when my cell rang. It was my mom. She needed me to come home and get her, Grandma had a fall and was going to the hospital. My mom didn't have a car that day.
So off we rushed to their house, but we had just missed the ambulance. She had broken both her hips and needed surgery. It was scheduled for the next day. I went to work that day and was just a mess. I kept my phone with me and waited for a call that all was good. When I got home, I found out the surgery had been pushed back to that evening.
My sister and I were at home, once again waiting. My grandfather and uncle were at their house. At some point we got a call asking us to bring in my grandfather and uncle because things had gone down hill.
This year it feels especially hard dealing with the memory of her and her being gone. With the loss last year and the little one on the way this year I miss her so much. There are times that I wish I could just pick up the phone and talk to her. Stop over for a cup of tea and some chocolate cake.
I dreamed about her this week. Which doesn't happen often. I was at her house and was leaving. I went to say goodbye and it was just so unbearably hard to do that... for both of us.
Yesterday we did the service for J's Grandpa. It's just a sad sad weekend I guess.
No comments:
Post a Comment