This is a pretty big month for new books coming out. I am looking forward to trying to read them all!!
June 4th
Gameboard of the Gods by Richelle Mead

This is the first book in a new series by Richelle Mead. As you maybe aware, I love the Vampire Academy series and am looking forward to seeing what she does in this book.
It is listed as being Sci-fi or Fantasy. There is a description in the above GR link and it looks so good!!
Joyland by Stephen King

This is a shorter, I think more typical Stephen King book. Since I have only read four books by him, I am going by what I hear.
It takes place in an amusement park where there is killing and death and scaryness. I hope to be able to read the whole thing without nightmares!!
The Moon and More by Sarah Dessen

Sarah Dessen books are a guilty pleasure of mine. They always hit close to home in some way, shape or form. The characters are always amazing young ladies. I am sure this one will not disappoint
Plus the cover is pretty. I love pretty covers.
Heart of Obsidian by Nalini Singh

This is book 12 (?) in the Psy-Chageling series. While I have only read the first book in this series, I only hear good things about all of them. At some point I will catch up with all of them!!!
June 18th
The Ocean at the End of the Lane by Neil Gaiman

The newest book by Neil Gaiman. Anyone who hasn't read him yet needs to start right now. At least give him a try. Those of you who are bouncing in your chair with excitement for this release, YAY!! Those of you lucky enough to be going to a reading of this book by Neil Gaiman himself....I am incredibly jealous! The below text is from the Goodreads page for this book. It just makes me want to read it even more!!
THE OCEAN AT THE END OF THE LANE is a fable that reshapes modern fantasy: moving, terrifying and elegiac - as pure as a dream, as delicate as a butterfly's wing, as dangerous as a knife in the dark, from storytelling genius Neil Gaiman.
June 25th
Two of a Kind by Susan Mallery

Another 12th book in a series, this time the Fool's Gold series by Susan Mallery. I love this series. It's basically about a town with a serious man shortage. All of the books focus on a different girl...or guy from town finding their true love. It isn't just basic romance though. Most of the characters have some interesting back stories, histories or baggage behind them.
No comments:
Post a Comment