Friday, 24 August 2012

Fab Five!!!

I am really really starting to look forward to the fall. There is so much about fall that I love. It's my favourite season at this point of the year. In May my favourite season is summer. In November my favourite season is winter and in February/March my favourite is Spring. I am a freak, what can I say.

So here are five things I am looking forward to this fall!

1.  Boots!!!
I love my brown boots. I bought them last fall and haven't looked back. I wore them all fall and winter last year (except when it was super snowy out). I didn't pay much for them because I found them at Payless but they were exactly what I wanted. YAY!!!

2. Fall colours
I have the pleasure of living in an area that has an amazing fall colour change. I mean it is unbelievable. People travel to all parts of Ontario from all over the world to see the colours. We are truly lucky. For a couple of years I had the pleasure of having to drive the Algonquin Provincial Park multiple times in Sept/Oct. So obviously I gave myself lots of extra time to stop and take pictures.
I don't have any pics on this comp, but will add some later.

3. Everything to do with Halloween!

I love Halloween. Dressing up, carving pumpkins. Witches and goblins oh my!! Last year I had some fun with my pumpkins.


 
 
And since I have so many growing this year I am super excited to carve them up all fancy! I think I may even have a carving party with some friends here since I have at least 15 pumpkins on the vine right now!!!
 
 
Photo
 
4. Time spent in the bush!
 
I spend a lot of time sitting in a tree in the fall. Before you start judging and calling Peta on me, let me just say, nothing has been harmed by my sitting in a tree. Honestly it is just so relaxing sitting up there, and I always have a book and some treats with me. I sit out there for a few hours most nights and watch the wildlife, read my book and just relax. While I am afraid of heights, once I am up there it isn't too bad. It's the getting up and down that drives me bonkers. Here is a doe that joined me for awhile last fall with my Dearly departed Kobo in front of it.
 
 
 
 
Sunset from my stand.
5. Thanksgiving
 
Turkey, stuffing and pumpkin pie?!!? Yes please. For a couple of years in a row, my family has come up to spend the holiday with us. I don't know if they are this year, but I look forward to it either way!! Plus I don't have to wait until Nov like all you Americans, Canadian Thanksgiving is just over a month away!! Yay!!!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment