First, a story. As you know, I tricked J into seeing this movie back in the spring by inviting friends of ours to see it with us. I was the one who introduced them to the book series and it seemed fitting that we would go together. I knew J would love this book, the whole story, everything about it. I had tried to get him to listen to the audiobook, but alas, he refused.
So when we went to see the movie, he was going in blind. The only thing he knew about it, was what he had heard me say about the series when pawning it off on anyone who would listen, which admittedly, was quite often.
After the movie, I was proud and pleased to hear that he enjoyed it and he was loaded with questions. We answered them as best we could, but everyone suggested he listen to the book and wait for the next movie. I later heard him suggesting the movie to many many people and secretly celebrated. I didn't want to make a big deal about it and scare him off.
So last week on the way to the cottage I was surprised to hear him mention that he hasn't heard much about the Hunger Games lately. I told him that there is still a lot of talk, especially about casting for the next movie. He seemed a little disappointed when I told him that they hadn't finished casting yet. I also mentioned the DVD release was coming up, on Aug 18. He has since than been asking if there was anywhere to buy the movie on the Island, if not, where, and trying to figure out who he can get to pick up this movie for "us" and bring it to us.
So hopefully he will purchase the movie this weekend. I am super excited to relive the movie.
Now on to our Fab Five quotes from the Hunger Games!!!!
1.

It's hard not to love this quote. It is really what started it all. I find it hard to read this part of the book as it usual brings on tears or shivers.
2.


Sadly I do say this to people all the time.
3.

Another turning point in the story. It made me so sad, and mad when I first read it. It made everything that much more real.
4.
This one just makes me laugh. Almost as good as this one, but not quite.... “Yes, and I’m sure the arena will be full of bags of flour for me to chuck at people.”-- Peeta
5. “Only I keep wishing I could think of a way...to show the capitol they don't own me. That I'm more than a piece in their games.” --- Katniss
Sorry no fun meme for this one. But it affected me so much.
I think I need to do another re-read. ASAP!!!
Happy Hunger Games people!!
No comments:
Post a Comment