Tuesday, 7 August 2012

Favourite childhood tv shows

When I woke up this morning, I was singing the muppet babies theme song. Seriously. I can't tell you the last time I saw an episode of the Muppet Babies. However it was one of my favourites as a little kid.
What was even scarier was that I remembered all the words. When I got to work this morning, I looked up the lyrics to see if I still had them all right. I did.

So this got me thinking about my other favourite tv shows growing up. I am only going to look at cartoons on tv during the 1980's today, since there are soo many to chose from.

Muppet Babies

Who could resist the draw that was baby cartoon muppets dreaming up the adventures of a lifetime. They still had the same personalities their "grown up" selves have. Plus they had the ever elusive Nanny of the green striped socks. It ran from 1984 to 1991, so basically my whole childhood from age 2-9. I never got tired of it.
I can't remember if I had a favourite episode and I didn't have a favourite character, because really, how could you possibly choose?!?!

The best part of kids tv shows was the merchandise, and in specific the free merchandise like these ones that you got in your mchappy meal at McDonalds. We had dozens of all of these. They were way too cool!!!




Strawberry Shortcake

Strawberry Shortcake

How could a little girl resist the draw that was Strawberry Shortcake!?!? She was quite popular in the early 1980's. I had as many of the toys as I could get people to buy me, and I had a strawberry shaped kitchen that SS, baked in. It was pretty awesome!!!

A couple of years ago I was able to get my hands on the Season 1 DVD from the early 1980's. You can bet that when I have kids, this will be a staple in their lives!


Bugs Bunny and Tweety Show
Bugs Bunny
I know its the show that everybody watched, but I loved this show. I am still a huge bugs bunny fan, and can get lost in watching it for hours on end.
Pretty much anything with bugsbunny in it was my favourite.
Pinned Image

He-man and She-ra
Pinned Image


I group these two together since She-ra was a spin off. I enjoyed He-man to the extreme as a little girl. I used to run around the house yelling, "I am He-Man!!!" There wasn't much about this show that didn't appeal to the me, even as a little girl. The mythical/fantastical land, the adventures, the bad guys!!!
So awesome!!!
Than we were introduced to He-Man's long lost sister She-Ra and she got her own show!! How exciting!!!
LOVED SHE-RA!!
My love moved over to She-ra, even though I still did love He-Man, I was more aware now that people were laughing at me when I was saying "I AM HE MAN!!", not laughing with me as I supposed.
I wanted all the toys!!!
For christmas I got the She-ra Castle and her trusty steed Swiftwind/Spirit!!
Pinned Image
Now I didn't have all the dolls, but the table and chairs, chest, bed and throne and the other accessories in this pic I did have. There is even an elevator on the left side which looks like a throne and slides up. It really was truly awesome!!

A couple of years ago I was able to snag a copy of the She-ra Season 1 part 1 DVD!!! True commitment to the princess of power!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment