Saturday, 13 October 2012

Sultry with a Twist

Sultry with a Twist by Macy Beckett
 


Mass Market Paperback, 320 pages
Published October 1st 2012 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN 1402270364 (ISBN13: 9781402270369)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
New or Re-Read: New
Series: YES!
Where I heard about it: NBC! The author is one of our own!
Why I read it: To support a new author and because it sounded fantastic. Plus the cover is amazing ;)
Setting/Time Frame: Sultry Springs, Texas, present.
Spoilers? I will try not to do any.
 
****4 STARS!****
 
I really wanted to wait and read the paperback copy that I preordered in March, but I just couldn't do it. When it came available for E-readers in September, I bought it again. I just got around to reading it this week and let me tell you. I LOVED IT!
Mae- June July Augustine was a wonderful character. She was so real, I felt like I knew her in real life. She wasn't your traditional perfectly beautiful woman, she was tall and had brown hair (lately everyone has red hair, what the heck is up with that?!!?) and a good set of hips.
She was clumsy, klutzy, but she tried so hard to help everyone. 
She made me laugh and she had me tearing up. She was that kind of character.
 
Luke Gallagher warmed my heart. Never given a fair shot at life from a young age, his character has over come so much to be the man (and boy what a man) that he is today.  His loyalty is so strong, you can feel it seep through the pages.
 
Together they just click. They come across as two puzzle pieces that click together.
 
Something has to be said about the scenes. You know what I am talking about so I am going to leave it PG. The pond flashback, the truck (::fans myself just thinking about it::) and once again the pond.  Is it weird if I say it felt like I was there?!? No? Okay good, because it did... Not in a weird way... oh never mind.
 
I also love Trey and can not wait for his book, which is the next one out.  The countdown till March is on!!!!
 
 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment