Wednesday, 24 October 2012

The Raven Boys

The Raven Boys by Maggie Stiefvater






Hardcover, 408 pages
Published September 18th 2012 by Scholastic Press
ISBN 0545424925 (ISBN13: 9780545424929)
Genre: YA/Fantasy
New or Re-read: NEW
Series: Yes!! First in the series. Book 2 is out next September.
Where I heard about it: NBC and by following Maggie Stiefvater super closely.
Why I read it: She gave me The Scorpio Races. She is awesome, therefore anything she writes will also be awesome right?!?
Setting/Time Frame: Henrietta, Virginia, Present
Spoilers: Probably, it may be hard to write about without them, be warned.
 
 
****4 stars!****
 

Okay so let me start by saying I pre-ordered the autographed, doodled in version of this book. It came out the day after my Birthday, so Happy Birthday to me!!!! I didn't recieve for like 14 days after it came out which was disappointing, but it happens.  So here it is. The autograph and the doodle. MS touched this book people. She held it in her hands!!!


Fan girl moment over.

Okay so The Raven Boys is about a group of boys attending a prestigious boarding school called Algionby. Their school mascot is the Raven. It is also about a girl. A special girl that resonates magic but doesn't have the magic herself. She just intensifies others. She is told from a young age that her kiss will kill her soul mate.

The boys, Adam, Gansey, Noah and Ronan, all have their own issues to get over and work through. Whether it is being from the wrong side of the tracks, obsession with otherworldy happenenings, feeling non-existant or dealing with death of a loved one. They work together on Gansey's obsession.

A chance encounter brings them together with Blue, daughter of a psychic. She shows interest in what they are looking for, as it has kind of been a part of her life already, without knowing it.

There is the inevitable love triangle, but its not a big surprise. I think it will be a huge part of the second book.

There is just so much going on with this story. I almost feel like I need to re-read it right away. I loved the first read, but feel like I may have missed something.


I can't wait for book 2. It still doesn't have a title, but is supposed to come out in September 2013. Another birthday present to myself?!!? I think so.

If you haven't read anything by Maggie Stiefvater and Love YA and fantasy/PNR, than get out and read something, anything by her. I loved this book and hope you will too!





No comments:

Post a Comment