Thursday, 14 March 2013

21 Weeks

Well we are officially on the downhill side of the 40 weeks that is pregnancy (it better only be 40 weeks!)

This is week 21 and what a week it has been!
Excuse the horrible self photo. I will have J take a better one this weekend and replace it.
This week the babe is the size of a pomegranate. Measuring in at roughly 10.5 inches and weighing 12.7 ounces.



This week the babe is starting to prepare its digestive system for the real world by making meconium which is the black tarry stuff in his first dirty diaper.

This little boy has been pretty active, I still haven't felt him from the outside, but am sure it will happen anytime now. I had my first glass of orange juice the other day in months. He was bouncing around like crazy after I drank it.

J has been away all week, so its just been me and Remy hanging out. It may just be because he is away, or maybe she is starting to notice some changes, but Remy has been super clingy. She wants to be on top of me at all times. She has always been an affectionate dog and loves giving hugs, but this has been pretty constant. Last night when we were snuggling pre-bed, she kept poking me belly (not hard just a gentle poke) and a couple of times she patted it with her paw. She is a big poker but never a pawer. LOL. Unfortunately her brother didn't seem to want to play because he never responded to her inquiries.

We had some water issues in the basement this week too. Stupid flooding! It wasn't too bad, its mostly dried up now. However I have had to spend far too much time in the basement. I don't like the basement. It stresses me out since thats where the mice come in. J has it covered and I mean covered in traps all around the perimeter, so its not like you can avoid thinking about it when you are down there. Plus I know he has been hiding how many he traps down there from me to save me the stress of it. So while not harmful to me or the babe, the stress isn't fun to deal with.

I have been a little under the weather this week. On Tuesday morning I came down with a bit of a cold. So I have been taking it easy and getting lots of fluids. So I haven't gotten much accomplished in the way of DIYing for the babe. Hopefully next week I will be better on my days off.

My goal this week is to get back into the yoga. I need to start doing something for myself daily. At one point this week with the basement and everything else, all I really wanted to do was go for a run to de-stress. Since running is off the table and it was nasty cold/raining out, walking was off the table as well. Yoga and maybe some hand weights for upper body will have to do the trick.

My biggest symptoms/complaints this week:
The heartburn still rears its ugly head. I have it under control to an extent, but not completely. I don't know if my slightly sore throat is from it or from the cold.

Tired- It may be from fighting this cold, but I have been lucky to stay awake past 10pm.

SOB- Just going up and down the stairs all day for the stupid basement leaves me kind of winded.

HORMONAL- OMG thank goodness J was away this week. I have been crying at the smallest thing. Not cool. I mean it didn't help that I watched Seasons 2-3 of Downton Abbey this weekend (for anyone who watches it, you would understand what I mean).

Itchy- My boobs and belly have been itchy. I have to slather on the lotion a couple of times a day. I am excited though, my giant bottle of body wash that I wasn't overly satisfied with is done! I checked the cupboard for a new one and I was all out! So I bought my fav! Nivea Happy Time body wash. It seriously makes me smile everytime I use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment