Thanks to Pinterest I found some great tutorials for a bunch of stuff. This week I made some Burp Cloths and a couple of blankets. I will post the blankets in tomorrows post so this one isn't so Pic heavy!
The Burp Cloths
These might not end up being keepsakes but I know that I will be happy to have made them! I found a bunch of pins for burp cloths, but decided to follow the steps found here. She used a towel for the backing, but I found some great cream coloured jersey knit for a couple of bucks a few weeks ago and decided to use it instead. I also found the adorable duck pattern cotton for the top. It was $3 m and I couldn't resist! I had already washed both the fabrics and given them a good ironing.
I measured out my cloths to be 18" x 8" with a half inch seam allowance. I cut them all out and pinned the two pieces together good sides facing each other.

I sewed along the edges and left a couple of inches space at one of the narrow ends so I could turn it later. I than trimmed the excess fabric all the way around. You may want to leave a little extra around your opening just to be on the safe side.

Once I turned the cloths to right side out, I went around and pulled out the corners as much as I wanted. At this point I turned on the iron and ironed all the wrinkles out and squared up all my sides so it lay flat. Once that was done I top stitched all the way around again, this time on the right side of the fabric. You want to make sure that you close your opening with your top stitch. You may have to sew a little closer to the edge than you would like depending on how much fabric you have.

And there you have a handy and super cute burp cloth. At this time I made 5 of them. I wanted to make sure I liked the tutorial before making a whole bunch and I definitely did. I can't wait to make some more.
No comments:
Post a Comment