Thursday, 7 March 2013

Week 20- Half Baked!!!


 I can't believe we made it to 20 weeks! This is a special time I think for any pregnant woman, but I am really feeling blessed with my history to have made it to the half way mark!!

This week the babe is the size of a banana! He weighs around 10.6 oz and is at least 6.5 inches long!
His taste buds are up and running and so he can taste what I can taste which is a thrilling thought! I tried to say the baby really really wanted ice cream last night, but J didn't fall for it. I thought it was worth the try! He is also drinking in some of the amniotic fluid, up to a couple of ounces every day!




I am really starting to show now. It may still look like I had too many pieces of cheesecake to the untrained eye, but there is def a baby in there!


I am feeling the baby a lot these days. In fact he just kicked me as I wrote this. I haven't been quick enough to see if you can feel him from the outside yet, but will try over the next week.

I completed a bunch of baby related projects last week and completed another scarier one this week (a back and seat cushion for the glider from scratch!) which I will post tomorrow.
This week I hope to get more burp cloths done and hopefully a cover for the car seat.

Speaking of car seats, my Lovely mother came for a visit this week and brought us the travel system she purchased for babe! It is the Expedition LX, and comes with the infant seat. J, Mom and myself put it all together the other night to make sure it was all there and it was! Now I have to try out the car seat in both vehicles and make the aforementioned cover for the carrier!

My main symptoms/complaints this week are:
Heartburn....still. However I have had some help on that front. I have started drinking Apple Cider Vinegar and it is working wonders. I will post more on it tomorrow.

Leg cramps! I honestly wake up in the morning and feel like I ran 5 miles the night before. My legs are sore! I feel it when I am walking Remy too. Not fun but liveable!

SOB- Shortness of Breath. As a kid that suffered from adrenaline asthma, I hate hate hate feeling winded and out of breath. I trained myself to not be winded while running, but with my super short torso to begin with, this babe is pushing upwards and reducing my lung capacity. Walking Remy has become a bit of a chore somedays, especially when we go for longer walks (45 mins- hr) or there is heavy snow on the ground and requires more energy to walk through. I will be happy to gain my breathing back in Aug!

No comments:

Post a Comment