Thursday, 21 March 2013

22 Weeks

Um where did the last week go?!!?

22 weeks! That means only 18 weeks left! OMG!!!

This week the babe is the size of a Papaya.  Measuring 11 inches and weighing in between 13 and 21 oz (which seems like quite the spread!).
The babe is looking more and more human! His eyes and lips are developed.
He is settling in to sleep cycles, sleeping 12-14 hrs a day. So far he is most active during the day and not as active at night. Which is awesome. Hopefully he stays that way out of the womb too!
Can we say worst picture ever. I blame the photographer. This is the edited version, in the original the whole one side of the pic is much much darker. He didn't see a problem with it.

I am looking more and more pregnant! I haven't quite popped yet but I can tell it is going to happen soon! I do a  belly button check every morning and this innie is soon to be an outie!

I am up just under 15 lbs which I understand to be normal. I hope to keep it to the bear minimum for the next few months as I know it will be difficult to lose in the fall. I have been approved to exercise beyond walking the dog again! Yay! I don't plan on going crazy, but it will be nice to do stuff without feeling horribly guilty.

I met my new OB yesterday! She is great. It looks like we can have this baby on the Island which is a huge relief. If in the end they have to send us to Suds, so be it, but I like knowing its not necessary (right now). She explained that we don't have epidurals here (which we knew) but that she found the whirlpool tub during labour (not during active labour so much) and the laughing gas are the best ways of dealing with the pain. So I am really looking forward to giving them a try.

She didn't have the results from the A/S, because apparently my dr's office didn't send them over. That was a little disappointing. She also wasn't super happy that they had me do the A/S at 18 weeks, she prefers it done at 20 weeks. So she will contact us and let us know if she wants it done again in the next couple of weeks.
She tried to get a heart rate for him as well, but as usual, he was super active! You could hear the wooshing sounds as he moved around on the doppler and you could hear his heart rate increase as he moved at times. The best she could get was about 155. She asked if we were sure it was a boy. She said that even though it is an old wives tale, she is surprised by how often it is true. Our Ultrasound tech was pretty sure it was a boy though, so we aren't too concerned about that. Plus if she was wrong and it is a girl, than we will still be thrilled.

I have been super hungry this week. I just want to eat all the time! I really need to watch it though.
I have also been using the washroom a lot more than normal! It seems I have to pee every 10 mins! I blame the little one doing an Irish Jig on my bladder.

My heartburn is more under control. I have been drinking the Apple Cider Vinegar/honey/water mix at least twice a day (morning and just before supper). I like to think it is working.
I have started getting some leg cramps at night. I feel them start just below my knee and it wakes me up, so I move my feet/legs a bit and it goes away.

I almost forgot to mention the hormone/emotional thing. Holy tears batman! We watched NCIS the other night (spoilers following for this weeks episode. You have been warned). As soon as I saw the army guy with the black lab I knew something was going to happen to one or the other and immediately started saying they better not kill that dog out loud. J tried to remind me that it was a tv show, but I ignored him. The handler got shot, and the dog layed down by his side and I was in big ugly cry mode before the body hit the ground.  Than once I calmed down, with no help from mh who kept reminding me it was tv, not real and gave me lots of looks of bewilderment, I kept saying, why are they re-deploying the dog. He should go to the widow. What kept me upset is that this must happen in real life, and I can't imagine losing a loved one and your dog. I know I know its technically the army's dog, but you can call them handlers all you want, the man was the dogs owner in my eyes and in that dogs. OMG I am tearing up just writing this again. So anyways, than the dog does get f-ing shot and I am in major ugly cry mode again. J now thinks I have completely lost it. Even though I keep saying, Dex will live, Dex will live (Dex is the dog). Than before the tears can dry on my face, I big ugly cry again when Dex is reunited at his owners (yes I am calling it owner) funeral with the widow with a honourable discharge  **okay now I really am crying again**. This was all over a tv show. A show I watch every week. I am a hormonal mess.
We are less than a month away from our baby shower hosted by my sisters! I am pretty excited for this. I haven't seen any family since we announced the pregnancy. I am most excited to see everyone and celebrate this little guys life!


No comments:

Post a Comment