Thursday, 16 May 2013

30 weeks!

30 Weeks! Only 10 more weeks to go!
This week the babe is the size of a English Cucumber or once again a giant squash!!





He is about 16 in and weighs in around 3 lbs!! His skin is smoothing out, his lungs and digestive system are almost matured. His brain is developing more and more everyday.
He has been super active, and now that my bump is sticking out that much farther I can see him moving around. I can’t get enough of watching him move on top of feeling him move. He is still shy and doesn’t like to be touched by others. Even Remy. The other morning she was using my bump as a pillow and I could feel him moving around a bit, just not by the surface of the bump. I can only imagine him thinking, what the?!!?! Why is there an indentation in my home!?!?!
I am feeling larger and larger every day. I have only had two rude comments so far, and they both came on the same day. One of my first patients said to me, “You look really tired.” This woman was a complete stranger to me! Thanks for pointing out that the heartburn that kept me from getting a good night’s sleep makes me look not so good. Just the kind of thing a lady likes to hear first thing in the morning. You are a real gem!
The other lady, another patient who is a complete stranger to me, commented, “ You must be due any day now!” Another winner! I just looked at her and said, “ya two more months”, and she shut up completely. I don’t understand why people feel the need to comment on how I look or how big I am. Up until a month or so ago you wouldn’t guess that I was pregnant, you may wonder if I was, or if I just ate too much cheesecake this winter. However to have perfect strangers, who have never seen you before make you feel like a million bucks…deficit…. First thing in the morning. Not nice people, not nice.
I take it with a grain of salt. I have never been tiny, but I am rocking my bump and my curves for the world to see. I guess more people need to learn that if you don’t have anything nice to say, you shouldn’t say anything at all. Plus I did get a compliment on my rocking wardrobe today so I will take that complement to the bank any day.
Since the weather has been a bit cooler this week, I haven’t had the swelling of the feet for the last couple of days, which is quite nice. I am still dealing with the nasty cough. Hopefully they are able to give me more info and a game plan on Wednesday at the OB’s apt. I believe I have officially graduated from getting up once a night to pee, to getting up twice a night to pee. I think this means J has to officially give up his side of the bed for me now. Our room isn’t overly big, and for me to get to the ensuite half bath, I have to go all the way around the bed, fit between his side of the bed and the dresser and make my way through the narrow passage of hip death (aka, the space between the low dresser corner and the night stand corner). This passage wasn’t fun before the baby bump. Now I am paranoid of slamming my bump (or my hip) into these corners while I am fumbling to get to the bathroom at 2am. He isn’t happy about this plan, but he will acquiesce accordingly.
I have noticed that it is harder and harder to bend down. The bump is def getting in the way of that. Even just doing the dishes is a bit of a pain. So I have put myself on work to rule. I will do the dishes, but I won’t dry them. I am doing the bare minimal. J hasn’t noticed yet, or if he has, he hasn’t questioned it yet. When he does, he will be handed a dish towel and told to keep up. LOL.
J is away for the next two weeks basically, if not a little longer. I have Remy for the next week, and then he is taking her to the cottage for the last week. It’s all good though. I am hoping to finish off some of my sewing projects since I will be able to get everything out and leave it out until I am done. I am also going to wash down the wall of the nursery. Hopefully J will get rid of the bed when he comes back and then we can start moving stuff up there. I am getting pretty anxious about getting it all done.


Update- Okay so I played with my camera to try and take a half decent self portrait this week and came up with this one. I am so in love with this photo.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment