I was left completely in the dark about my shower. I gave my sisters the date I was available to come down (since I have the farthest to drive to get there). The sneaky devils wouldn't tell me anything...at all. I heard a rumour from my MIL. However I didn't say anything.
J wasn't available to go down with me that weekend so I was on my own. That was actually the first official day of swollen feet!
The shower was on the Sunday and I was kicked out of the house so they could prepare. My wonderfully awesome Dad took me out for breakfast. It was fantastic by the way.
I got home and changed into my good clothes and waited for someone to arrive so I could come out of hiding. I couldn't believe what they had done! It was a Children's book themed shower!!
| These book globes were made the night before the shower by my over achieving sister! |
All of the food was book themed. The punch is Anne "Shirley Temple" punch. The fruit and veggies go along with the Hungry Catepillar. Green Deviled Eggs and Ham from Green Eggs and Ham. Pinwheel tea sandwiches from Alice in Wonderland. Chocolate Cake from Midnight in the Kitchen, Strawberry Shortcakes for Duh, Strawberry Shortcake. Swedish Meatballs from Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs. Oh and a big bowl of swedish fish for One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish.
| All the awesome gifts!! We were spoiled! |
| The favours!! Too cute! |
| Diaper Cake made by my Mom |
| Quilt made by my Great Aunt and the softest Teddy Bear ever! |
![]() |
| Art made by my Sister |
| Everyone brought books instead of cards. We didn't get any duplicates and I am so excited to read them all!! |
So my big surprise gift was this beautiful bookshelf. My sisters idea, brought to life by my parents. My dad built the unit. My mom designed the pieces and my dad cut them out. There is a story behind it. When I was a little girl (I believe this started as a two year old), I spent a lot of time outside at the cottage at night looking at the stars. I was beyond fascinated by them. I asked my Dad to build me a ladder to the stars so I could touch them. So my Dad finally built me that ladder I was always asking for. Only he made it for my Son. So that he may always touch the stars.
It was a beautiful day and so wonderful to see all my family and friends. We are truly blessed to have such a wonderful family.

Aw K that shower looked amazing!!! I am so excited for you and I can't believe how close you are!!! I hope the remaining goes smoothly for you!! Best Wishes!
ReplyDeleteThanks!!! I can't believe how close I am either!! Less than 2 months to go (I hope!)!!!!
ReplyDeleteThe theme is SO CUTE! They really did a great job. And the books you got... WOW! I love it!
ReplyDelete