Tuesday, 21 May 2013

Rhubarb muffins

Since I am on a rhubarb kick, I felt like making some Rhubarb muffins. I found all kinds of recipes in cookbooks and pinterest and kind of made up one based on what I saw. I can't believe how good they turned out. I was expecting it to make about a dozen muffins. However I ended up with a dozen muffins and half a dozen mini muffins. The mini muffins don't have to bake quite as long as the regular muffins. This recipe would also be good as a loaf...or two.... yum!

Rhubarb Muffins
2 cups Flour
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup melted butter
2 eggs
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
1 1/2 cups of diced rhubarb (1/4 inch)

Topping
3 tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp cinnamon

Preheat oven to 400F.

Mix the dry ingredients together in large mixing bowl.
Mix wet ingredients together until smooth.
Add wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix together until it is just mixed. Stir in Rhubarb.

The batter will be thicker than you may be used to.

Generously scoop into paper lined muffin trays.

Mix together topping and sprinkle onto muffins. 
Bake for 18-22 mins or until golden brown.

Let cool in pan for a few minutes before removing. Serve warm! Enjoy!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment