Monday, 11 February 2013

A Shot of Sultry

A Shot of Sultry by Macy Beckett




Mass Market Paperback, 352 pages
Expected publication: March 5th 2013 by Sourcebooks Casablanca
ISBN 1402270399
Genre: Romance
New or Re-read: NEWSeries: Number 2 of 3!!!
Where I heard about it:I am a Macy's Maven.
Why I read it: I have been dying to read it since I read Sultry with a Twist in October!
Setting/Time Frame: Sultry Springs Texas, present day
Spoilers: Probably, but nothing major.


**4 stars!!!**

You may remember this review from last October about the fantastic Sultry with a Twist. Hopefully you have read that fantastic book because if you haven't, shame on you. You are missing out on all the fun.

In the fall I applied (I guess is the word) for the authors street team. To help spread the word on a fantastic series and more to come by Macy Beckett. I was quite excited to be picked and have been trying to keep up with all the challenges placed by the street team captain. One of the prizes being offered the last couple of months was an ARC of A Shot of Sultry. I didn't win, but Macy had just enough ARC's left to send them to those of us without them. Thanks Macy!!

I immediately dropped everything when this book came in the mail. All other books were dead to me. I had been hearing teases of other girls reviews who had finished it already and wanted to read it for myself.

I honestly could not put this book down. If it wasn't for the constant interruptions of sick people at work that day I would have had it done in one sitting.

I was pleastantly surprised when I got home from work to find J not home and that he was going to be late. I selfishly used this time to finish the book. Only later did I find out the reason he was late was that he sunk his snowmachine in a lake and had spent some time floundering himself in the water. BUT he was okay and his machine is going to be just fine now that it is dried out and tuned up. However there was a little teensy, tiny bit of guilt that I was enjoying the steamy Sultry Springs while he was cold and shivering. Oh well.

I wasn't sure how I could love Trey's story more than Luke and June's. However I was immediately drawn in by Bo and Trey's story. Bo was such a great female character. I enjoyed everything about her. She came from so much hardship to make a name for herself and didn't let anything get in her way. Trey was equally as entertaining as Bo and as mesmerizing. I really enjoyed reading about his time with Gopher. Together they always made me smile.

Plus we still got some Luke and June which is awesome. That's what I love about this kind of series. You still get a fix of the original characters that you fell in love with, but you have a whole new set of characters too.

This whole series so far makes me want to up and move to Sultry Springs.

I don't know how I am supposed to go through the next few months waiting for Colton's story. I think I am already in love with him. August can not come soon enough for this chick!



No comments:

Post a Comment