Wednesday, 27 February 2013

Baby Hats

I have been learning how to knit the real way for a while now. However I haven't graduated myself up to anything that isn't square yet.
So for some cute little hats I went back to my trusty Knifty Knitter.

I used the small one, for an newborn hat, and I made a matching infant one since the newborn one seemed really small.
I found a handy dandy hat chart online for lengths and sizes which is def useful!
I picked up this yarn at Walmart back in the fall with the intention of making something for J with it. However I never did and I thought it would make a great hat for our boy.

Photo


Photo

The newborn hat was done in less than an hour while I watched Downton Abbey (more on that another day).

Photo
Crappy photo will be edited later
The infant hat took only a little longer than its counterpart. I love how they turned out. I decided to do a rolled rim rather than a proper rim around the hats because I love the look. The wool is so soft and a little thick which is just perfect. I know the newborn one won't get used much or at all seeing as he is coming right in the middle of summer, but I figure it would be good to throw on a beloved stuffed animal eventually.





I have a bit of the ball of yarn left, but not enough for another hat. I hope to pick up another ball soon and make J a matching hat. I think it would be perfect for a picture opportunity!

No comments:

Post a Comment