J was able to come to this appt which I am so happy about. It wouldn't feel right seeing this babe again without him in the room and if we were going to find out the sex, he should be there.
First she showed us the kidneys, and lungs, the stomach and the bladder. Everything looked good and functional, in the right place and the right size. Than she zoomed out and we got to see a butt and a leg. Everything was so clear it was crazy! The baby was moving around like crazy. In every picture she ended up giving us, the babe is facing a different way. So at first I thought she might have difficulty determining the sex. But she persisted and

IT'S A BOY!!!!!!
I couldn't be more excited. Although I know I would have been pretty excited either way.

J asked for a measurement of some kind for length, but wiggly boy wouldn't give us a chance to get a full length. So she measured from head to rump as best she could and got almost 6 ins. Which is much larger than than the whole baby should be at this point, especially when you guestimate for the legs another inch or two. With all the measurements she took, Boy is measuring over a week ahead on average. We are keeping our due date, and just assuming this growth spurt will slow. I wasn't a large baby and J was a premie born 6 week early. So its hard to know what to expect!
Everything we had picked out so far was gender neutral, so we have no worries there. We talked names and picked out a name already with very limited arguing. LOL. However we have decided to wait to announce the name when HE is born. I just get so giddy finally being able to say He instead of IT. July can not come soon enough!!
Aw Congrats K! I don't know how I missed this announcement!
ReplyDeleteThanks Jess! I posted about it on the BBW post, since I try not to fill the board with baby posts!
ReplyDelete