I saw this on Richelle Meads Blog, updated yesterday. Apparently the rights got picked up back in 2010. However now they have a script and have started casting.
http://blue-succubus.livejournal.com/305645.html
As usual when a book/series that I love is looking at becoming a movie I have conflicted emotions. I am excited that the series will be better known. However I am afraid of what I am going to see.
I know to never expect much out of a first movie. They never have a very good budget. So especially for paranormal books like this one, the effects can be lack luster. However this is the first in a series of 6 books, I know not to expect right from the gate that all 6 will be made into a movie. But if they did. IF. The last ones could be awesome.
Richelle Mead has said that they don't stray far from the original story in the script. I really hope that is true. I hate when they change things around in a big way.
I am interested in the casting choices though. According to her, Zoey Deutch as Rose, Danila Kozlovsky as Dimitri, and Lucy Fry as Lissa have all been cast. I didn't know off the top of my head who any of these people were, so I looked them up.
Zoey Deutch is best known for her upcoming role in another YA book adapted to a movie, Beautiful Creatures (I really need to get on reading that book!). She looks the part... I think at least.

Danila Kozlovsky looks to be a pretty good Dimitri. He is even Russian, which is awesome. I can't wait to hear his accent. I think he could pull of the part pretty well. He seems to have the Dimitri demeanor down pact in a lot of his pictures, plus he has a fabulous smile!
Lucy Fry is an Australian actress. Which I find to be fitting for this role. I have heard people talk about whether the Moroi royalty have accents and if so what kind of accent. I think she will have just enough of an accent to be obviously royalty. She isn't necessarily the Lissa I imagined, however I think she will do nicely.

Since there is no production yet. I am not going to get my hopes up. However I will be anxiously awaiting this movie if and when it does get made!
No comments:
Post a Comment