As you may or may not know. I love my Kindle. Seriously. It was about a year ago that I lost my Kobo to the infernal screen error that could not be fixed. I replaced it with the Kindle and have not looked back since. It has been easy to use. Lots of great deals on the Amazon site for books. The charge lasts forever and a day.
Than I saw that one of the daily deals was a book I had been wanting to read. When I clicked on it, it wouldn't give me an option to purchase. I thought that was weird, but what are you going to do. A few days later another favourite book that I have read, but would love to have came up for $1.99 and it wouldn't let me buy that either. However at the top of the page it was trying to force me away from Amazon.com and on to the new Kindle page on Amazon.ca.
So I followed the link, seeing as I figured it would help me get the book.
I have never been so wrong in my life.
It took options away from me. I no longer could even possibly purchased certain books. Major authors were not available through the website. There were no daily deals or monthly books under $3.99. The pages were so slow to load I had to hit refresh twice just to make the page appear. 5 mins before on the .com, this wasn't a problem. First World Problem, I know, but I felt like my world was crumbling down. **remember I am a little bit hormonal right now**
I emailed Amazon with my confusion and dismay. I am a reader. Hear me roar!
They emailed back asking me to call them. So I did.
I got Katie. She explained that the Canadian Kindle store was new and it was going to be awesome for me. When I brought up my concerns she was a little surprised. She was not aware that there was no daily deals for Canadian consumers. Nor that there were no monthly cheap books.
She explained that some authors, for instance Melina Marchetta and Gayle Foreman (the two books I had been trying to get) did not have an ebook publishing deal with Canada, therefore their books could not be sold through the .ca site.
She also said that she spends all day on the .ca and hadn't found it any slower than the .com.
Her suggestion for my problems was to transfer my kindle back to the .com site, which she helped me do. It wouldn't solve all my problems, but it would solve some of them.
Her next suggestion would solve all my problems, however it was a little weird. She suggested finding some random American address and inputting that as my address to access all the books that I wanted access to. She said it wouldn't matter whose address it was. Just find one and use it.
I feel a little weird about that. You know what I mean?!? It feels a little bit like identity theft. I know it really isn't and they wouldn't send anything to that address. It just feels weird.
So now I am debating finding the Amazon return address for parcels and using that as my address for my kindle.
Seriously Amazon, why must you make this so difficult?!!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment