Sunday, 8 July 2012

The List---#17

What is the thing you most wish you were great at?

There are so many things I wish I was great at. Act, sing, dance, sports, dieting (lol), etc.
I think the thing I most wish I was great at is communicating.
I often just think things, and don't say them out loud. I hate confrontation and fighting and hurting people's feelings so I don't like to say things that might cause any of the above. Whenever I have said something, I usually regret it with the loss of that person in my life. Friends that don't want to be your friend anymore.

I think a lot of the fights I have with J are really about that as well. I don't think I have ever gotten really mad at him, because I don't want to fight and lose him.

I am def an introvert when it comes to my feelings, opinions, etc. I often have something to say, and I say it loudly in my head, but I don't articulate it outloud. I just keep it to myself. Which is probably not very healthy.

I am also horrible at phoning people and emailing them. I really don't know why this is. As a kid, I was always on the phone with my friends, but once I moved on to college, I just wouldn't pick up the phone and make the calls. I do know though that it is a two way street, and all the friends over the years that I didn't make the effort to call, didn't make any effort to call me either.

This is one of the reasons why I am doing this blog. I am getting my opinions, feelings, etc out there. I mean, its not like anyone is really listening, but at least I have put myself out there. One step at a time right!?!?!

So yah, that is what I wish I was better at. Communicating.

No comments:

Post a Comment