Wednesday, 25 July 2012

The List--- #23

#23  List your top 5 hobbies and why you love them.

This is going to be hard to pick just 5, but here we go.

1) Reading/Books/anything to do with either--- I have been a big fan of reading all my life. I was the kid who stayed up late every night reading. I looked forward to going to the library and bookstore and was more than happy to get books for presents. So it's not surprising that I have grown into a book loving adult. I don't just enjoy reading books, I also enjoy talking books, whether it is online on NBC, reviewing books, or talking to family/friends/random people on the street about books.
2) Being Krafty- yes I am aware that I misspelled crafty. I have always been a big fan of being creative and making things. My parents, and J are the same way, so it's no big surprise. Whether it is making cards, jewellery, trying my hand at knitting or sewing a new skirt, I get a big kick out of being crafty. I like letting my creative juices flow, it is also a big stress relief for me.
3) Being outside-- I know, I know, that's not really a single hobby, but I do so many outdoor activities, and because I live in a place with four very defined seasons, I just refer to them all as being outdoorsy or outside hobbies. In the winter I love to snowshoe, hike, snowmobile, ice fish and go sledding. In the spring it is Maple Syrup time!!! It's also time to start biking, gardening and hiking. Summer time is all about fishing, kayaking, weeding the garden, preserving stuff from the garden, swimming, cottaging, etc. Than we come to fall. Fall is all about closing up the garden, raking leaves (yes I do find that fun), enjoying the changing colours (another reason I love Canada!), hunting (don't flame me please!) and a multitude of other activities.
4) The Internet-- Yes I am including this as a hobby. I have a few websites that I can't live without. The Nest, Goodreads, this one, Pinterest, my email, Hello Giggles, etc. I look forward to wasting time on these sites and talking to the people who live in my computer. Plus I get a little twitchy when I don't get on for a couple of days. So I try to minimize the length of time I go without it.
5)Baking---- I love to bake. Cookies, cakes, cupcakes, pies, etc. BAKE ALL THE THINGS!!! Unfortunately this hobby has taken a bit of a down lately. It's hard to bake all the things I want to with only two of us in the house. I usually wait until we have someone staying over or special occasions and bake for them. Now that my right wrist is screwy, I haven't done any baking at all in the last few months. It is one of the reasons why I want my wrist fixed so I can bake and decorate some fun cupcakes again!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment