
I didn't read the synopsis, or anything, I just dived in. I wasn't 10 minutes in when I thought, huh, I think I am missing something here. I checked on GR and found it was set in the same world as another series by the same author. So I asked the wonderful ladies on NBC of I could read this without reading the other series first. They said "get thee the Vampire Academy books first". When I tried to get them from the library online or irl, they didn't have the first three in the series. I mean come on, you have the last three books in the series, but you don't have the first three?!?!?!?!! Give me a break!
But one of the wonderful ladies lent me her ebooks and opened my eyes to a awesome series!!
Here is the review I did of the first book on GR.

**3.5 Stars** but rated it 4 stars**This book was really good. I am so happy I read it and am really looking forward to the rest of the series.
It moved really quickly and the relationship between Rose and Lissa was fantastic.
I always like when authors make their own version of the vampire world instead of just living within the more popular vampire worlds. This one was no exception. The Dhampires and Guardians and they way they lived their lives was different and interesting and I look forward to reading the rest of the series.
I immediately moved on to the next book and wrote this:

**4 stars**Such a great series! I love this vampire world. I love that so far the books aren't cookie cutter plot lines. Everything about it was fantastic. Off to read the next one!
I honestly couldn't put it down. I didn't want to leave work that weekend, because I was so into these books and I could read them there pretty much uninterrupted.
Book Three: **notice how the reviews are shorter and shorter as I don't have time to delve into my thoughts, I just want to keep reading**

**4 stars**This series just keeps getting better. Hurrying on to next book.
Book 4:

**4 star**This book was so different from the rest of the series. Mostly because the setting and characters are a little bit different. However the story was still amazing. Rose is one kick a$$ female. She is unbelieveably strong, physically, mentally and emotionally.
I am so happy to be reading this series!!
Book 5

**5 star** There are no words to describe how I felt about this book. Seriously.
Book 6:

**5 STARS**
What can I say about this book that I haven't already said about the rest in this series? First of all I thought it was a great conclusion to the series. I loved seeing Rose grow so much in what, less than a year?!?
The problems dealt with in this story were so very exciting, that I really didn't want to put the book down. I didn't see any of the plot twists coming and was pleastanly surprised by all of them.
I can't believe this book was under my radar for so long!!!
So now I have finally finished this series, and by finally I mean it took me two weeks to do it. I really would love to buy the whole series for my bookshelf with all the pretty covers. This is a series that I can see myself going back to re-read. Rose was such an amazing character. Her relationships with Lissa and Dimitri were real and made me want a friendship like she has with Lissa.
So if you haven't read this series, do it now.
I am off to listen to Bloodlines!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment