One of the things I always look for in used bookstores is Babysitter's club books. I started re-collecting them earlier this year when I was pregnant and haven't been able to stop.
Pretty soon I am going to have to keep a list with me as to which ones I am missing, because I have already bought one duplicate! Woops!! Right now I am sitting at 24 books (I think).
This time I lucked in with these ones:
Kristy and Mr. Mom, Mary Anne Saves the Day, Stacey vs the BSC and my all time fave Super Special---- Snow Bound!!!
While checking out the children's YA shelves I came across another favourite childhood author, Kit Pearson!!
I know I don't have the Daring Game. I had at one point Looking at the Moon and The Lights Go On Again, but don't know if I still do. At a buck a piece, I couldn't dare leave them. The last two books are part of a series that starts with The Sky is Falling. I loved this series so much as a girl. I read it and re-read it over and over. They are historical fiction, taking place during World War 2. Two young children get sent to Canada as War Children. They end up in a beautiful home in Toronto and have to acclimatize themselves to Canadian life and growing up. The first two books center around Norah and the last is about her brother Gavin.
The other book in the above pic is The Girl From Away. I am pretty sure I read this years ago as well. It is written by Claire Mowat, wife of famous Canadian author Farley Mowat.
On to the Adult books. Right now I am trying to refrain from purchasing books I haven't read yet, but buying books I know I love and want to own. I did okay at VV. 25-75 Read vs Non Read. At least I tried!! Plus it was buy 3 get 1 free!!! More on that later....
I have read Dream Fever, but don't own it! Yay for winning!!! I have been meaning to read PS I Love You by Cecila Ahern. ::Confession time--- I haven't seen the movie yet!!!!!!!!!:: So I am interested in reading the book.
I also found this awesome Christmas Anthology including a short by John Green!!! Woot Woot!! Plus it has a really pretty cover.
Okay here is the DON'T JUDGE ME PART....
I had to pick a freebie book. So I decided on this one....
Yes you are seeing that right. I didn't break my rule, I didn't pay for it. So Ms. James will not see my money at all. Which is just how I like it.
I have been trying to reserve judgement on this book and tend to stay out of discussions about it. I don't agree with taking SM's story and ideas and turning it around with some sexxy times and getting it published and making $$$$. I just think that is a bad idea.
However with alllll the hype around it, I am interested in seeing what it is all about so that I can honestly participate in discussions. I look forward to the sexxy times ahead people, but probably not the writting.
So I decided that since I am just a few books away from meeting my goal of 200 books this year and a month and a half left in the year, that I can take the time to read this.
So once I hit 200, this book will get read, or attempted to read. Whatever comes first right?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment