Monday, 26 November 2012

The Little Bookstore in Big Stone Gap

The Little Bookstore in Big Stone Gap by Wendy Welch


The Little Bookstore of Big Stone Gap: A Memoir of Friendship, Community, and the Uncommon Pleasure of a Good Book

Hardcover, 304 pages
Published October 2nd 2012 by St. Martin's Press

ISBN 1250010632 (ISBN13: 9781250010636)

Genre: Biography, Non Fiction
New or Re-read: NEW
Series: Nope.
Where I heard about it: This was a Goodreads Giveaway.
Why I read it: I mentioned to a friend that won it that it sounded really good. She sent it to me when she was done.
Setting/Time Frame: Big Stone Gap, Virginia, present
Spoilers: Possibly.
****4 Stars!!!****

***********4 Stars!!!****

I love books about books. So it wasn't a great jump for me to love a book about a bookstore. This book was everything that I hoped it would be.

It's always been a dream of mine to own my own bookstore. So it makes me happy to see Wendy and Jack follow their dream and be successful at it. Not only just be successful, but to be happy.

It is easy to tell that Wendy Welch is an amazing storyteller. She made her little bookstore come alive from the page. I felt like I was there.

Her stories made me laugh (out loud) and cry. Wee Willy had me choking back tears before I finally gave in. The used bookstore roadtrip was amazing.

I would love to visit the Little Bookstore, browse the shelves, visit the love shack, have a cuppa with Wendy and Jack.




1 comment:

  1. I'm going to check this book out! Thanks for the review, I'm always looking for new books!

    ReplyDelete