
Published July 2011, 310 pages
Ebook only (Kindle)
Genre: YA
New or Re-read: New
Series: Apparently
Where I heard about it: I found it free on Amazon
Why I read it: Randomly choosen for light reading
Setting/Time Frame: LA, tour through US, modern
Spoilers: probably
The Rock Star's Daughter by Caitlyn Duffy starts with 15 year old Taylor Beauforte spending her summer away from Treadwell Academy in Mass. like she always does. Lounging around her backyard pool in LA with her BFF and being a little embarrased by her mom who is a little less responsible than she is.
She knows her father but has only met him twice. He has looked after her though and pays for her to attend boarding school. Now due to circumstances beyond her control and out of the blue she is thrust into his custody and has to spend the rest of the summer following his band on tour. Because he is a major rockstar.
I can only imagine what it would be like to have a parent you really don't know, let alone to have your life turn upside down and backwards and thrust into the limelight. But that is what made this book so great. I felt like I was there witnessing everything first hand.
I enjoyed seeing Taylor learn, grow and develop as a person. I enjoyed watching her realtionship with Jill and her sister and her Dad.
I downloaded this on my kindle months ago and decided to read it the other day.
I loved it. I cried and felt so much for Taylor and everything she went through in this story. She really couldn't seem to catch a break.
The story itself was fantastic and rolled so well. I honestly didn't want to put this book down once I started reading it.
The only thing, and really I shouldn't be surprised because it was a good YA book, but I didn't realise it was part of a series until after I finished. Shocker right?! I will definitely be checking out the rest of the books.
No comments:
Post a Comment