Sunday, 18 November 2012

Sugar Scrub

Everyone has been talking about all the fun sugar scrubs online lately. I figured they would make a great christmas present...if they turned out. So why not give them a try.

I found this one online. If you haven't checked out Jillee's site, its pretty neat. I recommend it.

It's pretty basic and it seems to work pretty awesome. Plus I love the smell of Dawn Hand Renewal Lavender. Yum!!

I lucked out and Dawn was onsale this week as was sugar. I bought two of each, and it only cost me $8. The bottles cost a little more. I picked up 2 four packs of 500 ml Ball jars. I paid about $7 per pack. I also had some small 236ml fancy jars that I ended up using as well. Basically you want a jar that you can get your hand in. You don't want it too tall, as that will be awkward when you start to run out.

Photo

I filled the jars about 3/4 full with sugar.




Than I added the soap, just to the bottom of the mouth of the jar.









Stir it up. I ended up adding a bit more sugar and soap as I went as some of the sugar dissolved in the soap. You don't want it too soupy so keep adding sugar until you get a consistancy that you want.



I ended up with 8-  500ml jars and 3- 236 ml jars. I can't wait to make some labels and give these away!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment