Tuesday, 20 November 2012

SMORE'S!!!

I saw some pre-made fancy smore's in a store last week and they were charging an arm and a leg for them. I figured they would be easy enough to make and would make great Christmas give-aways.

I picked up a bag of regular sized marshmallows, a box of graham crackers and used some semi-sweet choc that I had in the cupboard.

I laid out the graham crackers on some parchment paper.

Photo

I melted one bar of chocolate in the microwave at 50% power for 2 mins and stirred it until it melted when it was done.

Photo

I dipped the bottom of the marshmallows in the chocolate, getting enough to stick them to the graham crackers. I added two per cracker.

Photo




Photo



I melted more chocolate and poured it over the marshmallows, letting it dribble down the side.

Photo

I had some christmas sparkles so I added those to the still hot chocolate.





Voila! All done! I had a little bit of chocolate left melted, not enough for a whole bunch more. So I decided to completely dip some marshmallows in it. I added sprinkles just because. I made four, and they are all gone now. Woops!!!!!!!!! So good though!!



ETA: Okay, they were a hit. My plan was to see how long they stayed fresh. J had other plans. Out of the 12 that I made there are currently 2 left. I also froze a couple so I will take them out in a week's time and see if the marshmallow is still good.

J's instructions for eating them- 9 secs for 1, 16 secs for 2 in the microwave.

No comments:

Post a Comment