I kept seeing this pin on Pinterest and wanted to give it a try. I had all the spices, but didn't have the main ingredients.
My biggest roadblock was finding the instant tea. Apparently this is a popular thing in the states, but isn't readily available in Canada. So I had to make do with Instant Iced Tea. You can notice a bit of lemon flavour, but not a whole lot.
In a large bowl I mixed together:
1 cup nonfat dry milk powder
1 cup powdered non-dairy creamer
1 cup French vanilla powdered non-dairy creamer
1½ cups white sugar ( I used Instant dissolving sugar, which works out nicely)
1 ½ cups unsweetened instant tea (I used Lemon Nestea)
2 tsp ground ginger
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground cloves
1 tsp allspice
1 tsp ground cardamom
1 tsp nutmeg
¼ tsp pepper
You can mix it up until its all smooth or throw it in a food processor or blender to do the same. Because I used the instant dissolving sugar, I just mixed it by hand.
I poured the mix into 1 Litre Mason Jars and its good to go!
To drink, just add approx 3 tbsp to your mug and add water, stire and enjoy!
This makes a great Christmas present for tea drinkers everywhere and is nice to have at work for a little something extra during the weekday slog!
No comments:
Post a Comment